Duration: 2 months; average of 20 hours/wk (MWF)
Start/End Date: Monday, June 5th to Friday, August 11th
Compensation: Small monthly stipend
To Apply: Send resume to Lauren Elise Marston
Startup Institute is looking for an associate to join the program team in Boston. Reporting to the Community Evangelist, you will work in tandem with the full-time program team to maintain weekly program operations and large scale event coordination for our Summer 2017 cohort. Please be a self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and a tenacious sense of urgency and hustle. The Program Operations & Events Associate is both a behind the scenes and a people-facing position, and we are looking for someone who enjoys “heads down” office work, as well as interacting with new people and making them feel energized. This role is perfect for a current student, recent-graduate, or aspiring operations, events, or program manager looking to gain experience in the discipline and develop a strong network in the Boston tech community.
- Start off running by jumping in as an active team member supporting our cohort beginning June 19th, 2017
- Populating and submitting our weekly student survey to the cohort
- Aid in weekly data analysis & takeaways to report on the overall health of our program experience
- Populating student jobs board & outside events calendar
- Posting company events to Eventbrite, community calendars, and social media outlets
- Following event “best practices”, including optimizing event posts for marketing using tracking links
- Running logistics with our building to secure event spaces & conference rooms for the program team
- Aid in coordinating key company events, from site visits and securing venues to bringing in attendees and running check-ins at the event day-of
- Placing orders for program and event catering
- General administrative support including instructor & venue/vendor sourcing
- Ensuring the classroom stays clean and functional for our students
- Pitching-in as needed on new projects and initiatives
- Bringing new ideas and creativity to our team in order to solve problems and create positive results
- Strong writer and communicator
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Interest in operations & events and/or the tech ecosystem
- Ability to sit in on courses of interest in marketing, sales, and career development
- Access to Startup Institute’s extensive network of alumni and partners
- We’re committed to leveraging our network to help high-performing associates find great jobs at the end of their service
About Startup Institute
Our programs provide people the skills, mindset, and network to build a career they love, doing work that matters.
We help people build the technical skills, culture skills, and network that will launch them into the innovation industry in the areas of web development, web design, technical marketing, or sales and account management.
Uniquely positioned at the center of tech ecosystems in Boston and New York, Startup Institute is designed to open new doors for students. In addition to expert training in the most in-demand skills, we also offer personalized career mentorship and connections to the people and companies that advance students’ careers.