LEARN TO CODE
WITH RUBY ON RAILS
Our web development track focuses on Ruby on Rails. RoR enables developers to get products to market quickly compared to other languages.
For companies, this means they can have an edge; for our students, this means that their skills are in-demand and highly employable. Using Rails as a vehicle, the web development coursework encourages logic and problem-solving skills that will enable you to overcome challenges no matter what language you’re working with.
The program begins with the fundamentals of model-view-controller architecture. Lesson delivery includes a series of Rails labs and opportunities to work on real project deliverables both individually and collaboratively. Weekly workshops will give you exposure to topics such as test-driven development, git, AJAX, and API’s. Throughout your twelve weeks, you’ll engineer deliverables that prove your abilities as an effective developer and teammate.
2 nights per week + 2 Saturdays per month (Tues & Thur 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Saturdays 9:00am - 5:00pm)
Key Skills and Capabilities:
- Setting up a dev environment: brew, Xcode, RVM, git
- MVC basics: intro to model-view-controller architecture
- Building and testing a Rails application
- Source control management and cloud-based deployment
- Employing collaborative approaches to overcome coding challenges