Startup Institute is seeking a content and community marketing manager to help us build a more inspired and innovative workforce. You will be responsible for crafting copy for white-papers and our blog, building an engaged community on social media, generating brand awareness and visibility via outreach and link-building, managing email marketing campaigns, and participating in event marketing and coordination.
You will be motivated by the opportunity to contribute to Startup Institute’s overall impact on the innovation economy. As a member of the marketing team, you’ll manage all tactical initiatives around organic lead acquisition and nurturing for B2C and B2B marketing programs across both our Boston and New York markets.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in and enthusiasm for content creation and social media marketing. You should be a purpose-driven self-starter who can be agile and dynamic while taking a detail-oriented approach to maintaining a high standard for the brand.
- 2+ years in content, social media, and email marketing
- Proven use of data to drive decision-making in marketing efforts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Know how to segment email lists and to craft messaging that will address the needs of these segmented audiences
- Versed in key marketing platforms including MailChimp, Wordpress, HootSuite, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, and Salesforce
- Ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to customer feedback
- Public relations experience a plus
- Experience in higher education or edtech a plus
- Drive applications and registrations for Startup Institute programming through organic channels
- Manage media hub, The Whiteboard, to ensure a consistent flow of content. This includes developing articles, activating community members for blog contributions, collaborating with agency writers, and editing, formatting, and scheduling all contributions
- Implement on- and off-page search engine optimization best practices around targeted keyword strategy
- Use insights gleaned from content analytics and feedback from the admissions team to inform creation of larger content pieces, such as eBooks, whitepapers, video, and other collateral
- Schedule daily social media shares in Startup Institute voice, style, and tone, including internal and external content and event promotion. Connect, engage with, and activate social media followers
- Manage email nurturing campaigns by developing emails that speak to our various segments of both B2B and B2C audiences
- Pitch-in as needed on new projects and initiatives
Interested? Apply Here
About Startup Institute
We’re a mission-driven company looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within the organization. Our offerings are rapidly expanding and career advancement opportunities are available to those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader. If you’re competitive, compassionate, eager to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, Startup Institute is the place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Startup Institute is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Startup Institute are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Startup Institute will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.